D. Simon & Associates


Frequently Asked Questions

What should I look for in a Public Adjuster?
You should look for the same qualities you would look for in any other professional, which includes experience and proven performance. Your Public Adjuster should be licensed and bonded and should also employ its own staff of adjusters, appraisers and other professionals.

Who uses the services of Public Adjusters?
Public Adjusters are utilized by individuals, home owners, land lords, businesses and professionals including banks, churches, restaurants, accountants, attorneys and even insurance adjusters and agents on their own losses. Once a client has experienced the benefits a Public Adjuster has to offer, it is rare that they will attempt to settle a claim without us afterwards.

Do I have to pay up front?
No. We are not paid until money is collected from the insurance company. In fact, we spend our own money and time documenting and resolving your claim before we are paid anything.

Am I assured a higher settlement if I use your services?
Almost always. The more thorough and complete the claim, the higher the settlement will be. We meticulously inspect the loss site and document the damages. On severe losses where all or most of the contents are destroyed by fire, stolen or blown away, we will go over a variety of checklists with you to help recap, on a room by room basis, what was in the property at the time of the loss. Having a professional who is looking out for your best interests is invaluable.

Will my loss be settled faster with the services of a Public Adjuster?
A Public Adjuster knows exactly what to provide to the insurance company in order to expedite the settlement of your claim. A great deal of time can be saved by having our professional Public Adjusters handle your loss. With your cooperation D Simon and Associates will quickly have your claim filed and the settlement process underway.

Why can’t my insurance agent or broker handle my claim?
An agent or broker is well trained in determining your insurance needs, and placing or writing insurance policies, but they are not well trained in detailing insurance losses. You can’t expect your agent or broker, who is not paid to adjust losses, to try and adjust one. They generally don’t have the time, training or facilities to render the highly-specialized service of insurance adjusting.

Scroll to Top